Return to recipes
Bakers Poppyseed Cake
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 fl ounces vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 13 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 jar (10ounce )Baker Poppy Filling
- Sift dry ingredients together, add all liquids and mix until smooth. Add Baker Poppy
Filling and nuts; mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Turn batter into greased and floured 10" tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 50-60
minutes or until done. Cool cake 5-8 minutes before removing from pan.
- 10 to 12 ounces vegetable oil makes a moister and richer cake, if preferred. If so, allow
approx 15 minutes longer baking time.
From the label on the Baker Poppyseed jar